Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary Fantomen !



Today marks the 60th anniversary of Fantomen, Sweden's Phantom comic. I know Nancy and Sluggo are also still popular in Sweden, but I have my doubts about the staying power of Hopalong Cassidy and Knockout Charlie.

You will notice that The Ghost Who Walks is attired in the dark blue color he wears in Northwestern Europe to this day. His trunks, however are a decidedly American baby blue and black stripe, unlike his current red and black ones.

Thanks to Pidde for reminding me of this important event and you should all be sure to check out the wonderful commemorative book at:

http://www.schapter.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A5n_lila_v%C3%A5lnad_till_bl%C3%A5gul_hj%C3%A4lte

3 comments:

  1. hey aron..thanks for info..by the way, its my 1st year anniversaary in blogs..so dont forget to check..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Nancy sounded too foreign? Apparently, Sluggo must sound downright Swedish. Perhaps it will be a new sofa at IKEA?

    ReplyDelete